Tenants can apply for a Rent Repayment Order when a landlord has breach certain regulations.
- using or threatening violence for securing entry
- illegal eviction or harassment
- failure to comply with improvement notice
- failure to comply with prohibition order
- breach of banning order
- managing an unlicensed house in multiple occupation
- managing a unlicensed property that is not classed a HMO but is still subject to licence
Our Quick glance guide to rent repayment order provides information about when and how you can apply for a Rent Repayment Order.
For more information about Rent Repayment Orders and how to make an application go to the Gov. site