If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the European Union Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. Join the 4 million people who have already secured their rights. Apply now at: www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme

There is no need to pay an immigration lawyer.  For free advice in Newcastle you can contact:

  • Riverside Community Health Project : 0191 226 0754 / 07943 197 249 / EUSSadvice@riversidechp.co.uk
  • Children’s Society North East : 0191 349 9481 / euss@childrenssociety.org.uk
  • Your Homes Newcastle : 0191 277 1190 / EUSS@yhn.org.uk

Support for people who need specialist legal advice is available from North East Law Centre who operate a weekly advice line on Fridays 10.00am -1.00pm. Call 0191 230 4777

The Home Office will contact you with their decision. To try and avoid issues when EU Treaty Rights finish at the end of 2020, it is strongly recommended that you consider informing agencies of your new status. While not an exhaustive list, you should contact your landlord, the Department for Work and Pensions (Universal Credit, PIP, ESA/JSA), HMRC (Child Benefit, Tax Credits), your local council (Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction) and your GP. This should help ensure they are clear about your rights to continuing entitlements.